Terms of Hire
Terms and Conditions for Hire of St Denys Boat Club hall
St Denys Boat Club hall shall be referred to as ‘SDBC’ and the hirer named on the Booking form as ‘the Hirer’
1. Booking. All applications for the hire of the building must be submitted online, or entered on the calendar for regular bookings. The person named on the booking form shall be considered the Hirer. Where an organisation is named, the person accepting these terms and conditions hereby confirms that they do so with full authority of the organisation.
2. Fire Safety The Hirer should be aware of the Fire Safety Floor Plan of SDBC which is on display. Hirers are responsible for health and safety issues and providing information about safety procedures, Fire Exits etc. Any accident must be recorded in the Hall Accident Book. No exits may be blocked. Fire appliances must not be removed or tampered with.
3. Hire Charges. Hire charges are £15 per hour for regular bookings and £25 per hour for one of bookings. Regular bookings will be billed based on the booking calendar in 15 min increments. Hire for regular bookings will be invoiced at the end of the calendar month and must be settled within 7 days. single bookings must be paid when booking. SDBC reserve the right to modify the price charged for future bookings, even if already booked with 30 days notice.
4. Right of Cancelation. SDBC may refuse or cancel any application for the hire of the building without stating a reason. This applies to one of and regular bookings. SDBC reserve the right to charge for any session canceled by the hirer with less than 30 days notice.
5. Alcohol. Alcoholic drinks may be served free but NO sale of alcoholic drinks may be undertaken unless the permission is sought from SDBC and a temporary licence for the sale of alcohol shall be provided by the Hirer.
6. Public Entertainments, Music & Dancing. A temporary event notice must be granted for all licensable activities, and it is the Hirers responsibility to obtain and comply with the conditions of this notice.
7. Other Licences, Theatre & Performing Rights Society All Hirers must provide the correct PRS / PPL / other licence for any music or film used.
8. Occupation and use. The hire of the building is for the specific agreed times shown on the booking calendar and does not entitle the hirer to use or enter the premises at any other time. The building shall only be used for lawful activities. SDBC does not represent that the building is suitable for any particular purpose and the hirer must satisfy themselves in this respect. Hire only covers the exclusive use of the Hall, other parts of the building including the lounge and toilets may be used by members of SDBC at any time.
9. Sub-let. The Hirer shall not sublet the Building or any part thereof.
10. Breakages and Damage. The Hirer is responsible for all damage to the building, equipment, furniture and property in the building & grounds occurring during the period of the hiring, however and by whomsoever caused. The Hirer will be responsible for replacement ‘as new’ of any equipment, furniture or property and for the full cost of making good any damage to the building, fixtures and fittings.
11. Culpability. Except for wilful negligence on the part of SDBC, SDBC shall not be responsible for any loss of, or damage to, the Hirers or any third parties property arising out of the hiring, nor for any loss, damage, or injury which may be incurred by, or be done to or happen to, any person or persons using the building during the hiring, arising from any cause whatsoever or for any loss due to any breakdown of machinery, failure or supply of electricity, leakage of water, fire, government restriction or act of God which may cause the building to be temporarily closed or the hiring to be interrupted or cancelled. The Hirer shall indemnify SDBC against any claim which may arise out of the hiring or which may be made by any person using the building during the hiring in respect of any loss damage or injury.
12. Entry. The right of entry to the building is reserved to SDBC and any other agent of SDBC and any police officer at any time during the hiring.
13. Conduct and Good Order. The Hirer shall ensure that good order is kept in the building during the hiring. The Hirer will also ensure that those attending the engagement maintain good order during arrival and departure from the building. At all times the Hirer will take reasonable care to ensure that the occupants of neighbouring properties are not inconvenienced by noise, obstruction by vehicles and the like.
14. Cessation of activity. SDBC or Committee Member(s) reserves the right to put a stop to any entertainment or meeting not properly or reasonably conducted.
15. Condition on vacation. On vacation of the building, the Hirer shall leave the building in a clean and orderly state. All rubbish and any other waste matter must be cleared from the building and suitably disposed of in the receptacles provided. In the case of large events all rubbish must be taken away by the hirer. The hall and cloakrooms must be left in as clean a condition as found. All tables and chairs must be distributed around the hall as found. If you do not leave the hall in a good condition and cleaning is required after your booking you agree to pay the full costs of cleaning and rubbish disposal which will be a minimum charge of £50 and an unlimited maximum in the event of damage.
16. No additions to the building. No fixtures/fitments of any kind shall be made to the building
17. Property of the Hirer and the Hirer’s agent must be removed from the Building within 15 minutes after the end of the hiring. SDBC accepts no responsibility for any property left on the premises after the hiring.
18. Capacity. The maximum number of persons allowed in the building at any one time is 60.
19. Smoking. Smoking is NOT permitted in any part of the building or exterior areas of the site at any time. A charge of £250 will be made to the Hirer, where smoking occurs during their booking.
20. Hire Period. The hire period is the time that the hirer commences and finishes using the hall. It includes the time taken for setting up and clearing up.